Wednesday, March 28, 2012

100 DAYS!!!

Hi guys! Guess what! ONLY 100 DAYS TO PARIS!!! I am actually going crazy with excitement.

To celebrate the 100 day mark, I am going to try to make this post as long as possible! I might just put in random things to make it longer, cause I can't really think of one topic that I can go on about except for my excitement. But that wouldn't be very interesting for you guys.

Section 1- Classes
I have decided on taking the architecture class. It seems very interesting and fun, and is also relevant to Paris! If I do not get that class, I have put the fashion class as my second choice because we get to go out and it seems fun and not very hard! I have chosen to take the higher level of French. I really want to improve my French skills and this along with being immersed in French seems the best way to do it!

Section 2- Packing
So I already told you guys that somehow I magically was able to fit a ton of stuff into my bag, well now I'm going to tell you how! So my bag is not that that big (I think its around 2 ft x 3 ft 6 in x 1 ft), and it is not one of those Mary Poppins bags, but I fit everything in easily by making bundles of my clothes. It sounds weird, but it works!




This is how I do it. Usually what I do is I start with my pants, then my dresses, then my longer shirts, then my shorter shirts, then my shorts, and close it around a bag of toiletries or shoes. I don't keep my shirts unfolded like they have them in the picture though, I usually just fold them in half (down the center). Also, I put half of the clothes that I'm bringing in one bundle, and the other half in another. I have never tried to make a bunch of small ones, so I don't know if it works or not. But if you do two big bundles it leaves space in the cracks for shoes and socks and other things. It works really well! Another thing to save space is to stuff socks and underwear in your shoes. That way your shoes don't get all messed up.

 Section 3- More Things I Want to do in Paris
  1. Buy a cheesy postcard and send it to a random address
  2. Do at least one crazy thing a day
  3. Make a stranger smile
  4. Don't get bored in a museum
  5. Pretend not to speak English
  6. Get lost and wander around
  7. Buy a rose at the Sacre Coeur 
  8. Take a panoramic picture from the middle of the Champs Elysees
  9. Eat a fresh, warm croissant
  10. Lose a shoe
Section 4- My (Cheesy) Paris Dream
When I first started this blog I said that I would be sharing some of my Paris fantasies. Well, recently I've been having this reoccurring dream about Paris and I thought I'd share!

WARNING: This dream is extremely cheesy so if you don't like that stuff, I'd suggest that you skip over this section entirely.

So, in it I am standing in front of the Eiffel Tower with a few of my friends. We want to take a picture of ourselves so we resort to taking selfies. A cute boy with curly brown hair and gorgeous green eyes walks over and asks us if we would like him to take the picture for us. We happily accept and once the picture is over, we start up a conversation with him. We find out his name (which always changes each time I have the dream. It's been Nick, Luke, Harry, and others) and that he is visiting from England. We have to say au revoir, but make plans to meet up at a discotheque the next night. I won't bore you with the details but over the next few days, Nick (I'll just call him Nick for now) and I become good friends and end up meeting for lunch and dinner and for adventures. Then, our friendship quickly escalates to being more than that. But, knowing that I have to leave in a few weeks, Nick and I keep our feelings suppressed. So many things happen in this dream that I can't possibly write them, but one thing leads to another and Nick and I end up having a cute summer romance where we do all of the sappy, stereotypical couple things in Paris (dinner on the Seine, kissing under the Eiffel Tower, watching the Bastille Day fireworks, etc. etc.).

I know I am such a hopeless (helpless?) romantic but god I wish this dream comes true... I will do everything in my power (which honestly isn't much) to make this happen.

Section 5- Running
Recently I have been running and I absolutely love it! I was always the kind of person who hated running with a burning passion even though I come from a family of runners. But, I've wanted to lose a couple of pounds to get ready for Paris so I decided just to get out there and try it! I'm not running a lot, just 1-2 miles every other day or so, but it makes me feel so good! I have officially become a running enthusiast. I can tell that if I keep it up I will be in shape in no time!

Section 6- Packing List
Ok, since I gave you guys that awful packing list that I was sent, I decided to share with you guys my own! I made some major improvements to theirs and I am nearly satisfied! Here it is:



Clothes
  • Shirts: at least 1 for each day
  • Shorts: 8-12
  • Pants: 5-8
  • Dresses: 2-3 sundresses, 1-2 fancier
Shoes
  • Sandals/Flip-Flops: 2-3
  • Tennis/Sneaker: 1-2
  • Boots: 1-2
Other Clothes
  • Socks
  • Underwear
  • Pajamas
  • Bras
  • Bando
  • Undershirt
  • Sweatshirt
  • Cardigans
  • Swinsuits
Misc.
  • Nail polish
  • Medications
  • Toothbrush/toothpaste
  • Hairbrush
  • Hair straightener
  • Hair product
  • Make-up
  • Moisturizer & Facewash
  • Belts
  • Jewelry
  • Satchels/purses
  • Pencils/pens
  • Sunglasses
  • Shampoo & Conditioner
  • Perfume & Deodorant
  • Chapstick
  • Face wash
  • Razor
  • Camera & Charger
  • iPod & Charger
  • Headphones
  • Umbrella
  • Sunscreen
  • Books
  • Money
  • Gum
Paperwork
  • Plane info
  • Passport & Copy
  • Rental phone info
  • Medical info
  • Paris book
  • Journal
  • Phone book
 I'm sure I forgot something, but that's my list so far!

So that's all for today! Man we have made progress! In just 10 days it is 90 days left, which is halfway! I don't know if I should do another huge post like this. I don't know if I can! If I decide to I will probably just work on that over the course of the next 10 days and not post anything until then. 

Bye! HAPPY 100 DAYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment