Friday, March 2, 2012

126 Days

God, I just wish it was summer already. This winter is going by way too slow.

I've been checking out more on the classes I can be taking and I've picked out a few that I think could be interesting.

1) Architecture: I would be studying the "development from the Roman times to the present" and I would be looking at the "urban planning, aesthetics, structure and design." I'm not entirely sure that I am deeply interested in architecture but I'm good at math and you get to tour around a lot looking at the different structures around Paris so it shouldn't get boring.

2) Contemporary Global Issues: This basically seems like a debating class on the basic controversial topics which seems fun! I love to debate things, but while I'm in Paris I would like to be doing something that would get me out and into the Parisian culture!

And last, but not least...

3) Fashion...The Trendsetters: This one seems pretty cool! You learn about the current fashion trends and industry. The class takes you to different museums and the high-fashion areas around Paris. It seems like it would be a fun and relaxed class, which is nice. But I'm not planning to have fashion be a part of my future so if I decide on taking this class it would just be for fun, which is not a bad thing!

I have to admit, as I was looking at the Summer Study website and at the Paris program a tear escaped my eye. I just want this cold weather to be gone already!

1 comment:

  1. These all sound amazing! As cool as the fashion class sounds, I think you could get pretty much the same information through French style blogs and sites like WWD.com. The architecture one sounds especially great-- seeing a piece of architecture in person is so inspiring!

    xo Julie

    ReplyDelete