Saturday, February 4, 2012

153 Days

Sorry for not blogging in a while! I have dedicated my free time to reading Parisian Chic and trying to alter my closet to be more Parisian!

Here's a short overview of what I took away from the guide...

Be simple. Don't have too many bright colors or too many bold pieces in an outfit. It is much better to mix one bright thing with more simple things. For example, instead of matching your bold vintage bag with something else bold, use it with a plain cashmere sweater.

Don't be scared to be different. If you love a dress that is not particularly "in style" right now, wear it anyways! People will commend you for being bold and, sometime that look might come into style!

Don't follow trends to a tee. Use them in all outfits, but don't use everyone of them in every outfit. It is better to use them one at a time with other simple, classic styles.

It seems to me that Parisians wear a lot of men's clothing. Scarves, blazers, belts, everything... Ines says to shop at H&M in the menswear section. Looks like I'm going to take more out of my dad's closet than just his big sweaters!

According to Ines, there are 7 main parts of a Parisians closet
  1. Men's blazer
  2. Trench coat
  3. Navy sweater
  4. Tank top
  5. Little black dress
  6. Jeans
  7. Leather jacket
As long as you have these, it is nearly impossible to go wrong!

Also according to Ines, there are 5 pairs of shoes and 5 bags that should be in every woman's closet
Shoes
  1. Ballet flats
  2. Open-toed sandals
  3. Black heels
  4. Penny loafers
  5. Riding boots
Bags
  1. Big tote
  2. Clutch
  3. Satchel
  4. Ladies' handbag
  5. Straw bag
Ines also gave a lot of advice on places to shop. However, seeing as I don't have a couple thousand dollars to spare, I don't think that I will be going to the places she recommended. Also in the book, she gives advice on beauty and make up (overview: keep it natural) and also how to decorate your home (keep it uncluttered). It was a lot of help and had many other tips.

This will definitely be on my Paris packing list!

No comments:

Post a Comment