Monday, January 30, 2012

158 Days

Bonjour mes amis!

I have decided that if I go to Paris solely with my current wardrobe, I will stick out like a sore thumb and will be tagged as a tourist. This is definitely not my intention, so I had to take some precautionary measures to prevent this. As usual, I first do tons of research. It is obvious that I am most lacking in the department of... well everything fashionable according to Parisians. So, I found myself this nifty little book called Parisian Chic, written by none other than Ines de la Fressange (former face of Chanel and fashion designer). Hopefully Amazon will hurry it to my house so I can get started with my Parisian Style Studies.

In the meantime, I have been looking around online for tips. So far, what I have deciphered from the fabulous Google machine is that there are seven main parts to Parisian style.
  1. Ballet Flats
  2. Skinny Jeans
  3. Cardigans
  4. Scarves
  5. Blazers
  6. The "Little Black Dress"
  7. Black Everything
Luckily for me, I have skinny jeans (although fewer than I hoped for), cardigans, and scarves. As for the other things, well lets just say that I will be taking some money out of my bank account for it. But, first I will consult and analyze and re-analyze Parisian Chic to make sure that I have my facts straight.

Hopefully this $18 investment will be the solution to my being an American problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment